Tag: Work-in-Progress

These are posts of unfinished horses that detail the process used to create them

  • Friesian/Saddlebred Custom – Part III

    Sculpting, round three– fight! (Part I, Part II) This time the only change is to the tail, which I tweaked so it lies flat against the ground– I hadn’t noticed that it was slightly off from flat until the customer pointed it out. That’ll teach me to not work on level surfaces! 😛 As always, […]

    ,
  • Friesian/Saddlebred Custom – Part II

    Time for round two! 🙂 (Missed out on Part I? Click here!) I planned on posting this much earlier in the week, but I kept finding little things that needed tweaking and ended up procrastinating until tonight. I’m more or less happy with the results now, so it’s time to post some photos and get […]

    ,
  • Friesian 06-18-12 Right

    Friesian/Saddlebred Custom – Part I

    This little gal has been quite the learning curve so far. From epoxy that never hardened to bent legs, every time I thought I had her sorted out something new would pop-up. I originally estimated a month for the whole sculpting and painting process on this one, which went out the window pretty quickly. I’d […]

  • The Horse and the Hacksaw

    I haven’t tried a drastic resculpt in while… or ever actually finished one that I started. Thus I decided it was time to give things another go. You’ll recognize the little soon-to-be-guy to the right as the Breyer G3 Stablemate Belgian—a horse I’ve been having problems with due to the horrible hooves. I’m not fond […]

    ,
  • Birth of a Doodle Horse

    While working my way down through the body box this weekend I found another body that I couldn’t salvage, even as PSQ. (I seem to have quite a few of those, but I think it’s due to the tinted gesso I was experimenting with at the time.) Anywho, since my Easy Off de-painting bucket was […]

    ,