Mold: Saddlebred (G2)
Color: Black Tobiano
Medium: Epoxy and Acrylics
Status: Painted 200? and Sold 200?
Have I mentioned I did a lot of custom orders that focused on turning the Saddlebred mold into a draft cross? Because, zomg…
Anywho, this is another unnamed draft this one done for Mary NoLastName. I like the way the tobiano pattern came out much better on this one, mostly because this was further down my customizing learning curve and I’d started absorbing what I was reading in Color Formula’s and Techniques. (Come back into print already! ARG!)
The tail is also set and much fuller than the older customs, so it looks more natural. The feathering on the hing legs is still giving me a bit of a problem, since the model is parked out a bit. Still, I think it came out rather nicely and it’s one of my favorite of the nine-thousand draft-cross customs that I did.
Makes me wonder if I could pull it off again if I got more epoxy… *ponders* I think I’m out of Saddlebred molds though. 😛