Mold: Morgan (G2)
Color: Green-Black-Gold Faux-Stone
Gallery: Other Color
Medium: Acrylics, Liquitex Phthalocyanine Green
Status: Painted 200? and Sold 200?
This odd little guy was an attempt to recreate the look of Gold Digger, except starting from a primed body instead of using the original finish. As you can see, it didn’t work as well as intended, but I still think it looks pretty cool (and I used the same technique on Blaustein later).
I started with a white gesso base and painted random markings in black. I was trying to use the faux-stone techniques that I’d learned in my scene painting class, but it was sort of hit or miss.
Once I had the base down, I went over everything with the phthalocyanine green which has this wonderful transparency to it. After that I stenciled in a little bit of gold, to make him pop.
Finish everything off with a coat of gloss sealer and this little guy was ready to rock!
He was sold along with an add-a-foal, who was never named. Which means I need to think of one now… doh. (But I’m tired of all the ‘Unnamed’ horses, so get to it, oh Muses!)