This little gal sat on the workbench for a while after she was done because I couldn’t think of a good name… thank goodness for the awesomeness that is my Facebook group! 😁 (The runner-up name, Shamrockstar, was snagged by another horse who hasn’t been finished yet).
This little gal is a refugee from the old body box and very little of the original paint job remains. I wasn’t able to pin down the paint that I used before, but it sure was glittery!
I have a feeling she was meant to a Shiny Happy Sparkle Pony, but got sidetracked somewhere. *ponders* You can still see the hints of the shine on her tummy, so maybe she’s just out on a mission in the ‘real’ world in disguise… 😉
After a nice coat of tobiano chrome and a few dozen trips under the pastel brush, she’s got a heck of a look! This is one of those paint jobs that I’m never quite sure I could pull off if I’d been trying to do it on purpose. I love the softness you can get with pastels, even when the basecoat is so different.
Limbo has a matte finish and solid black eyes. The rubs on her tail have already been touched up– I didn’t catch them until I was editing this post and I am sadly much too lazy to go back and reshoot them.
Scale: Mini Whinnie
Mold: Cutting Stock Mare
Medium: Liquitex Artist Color Acrylics (Gesso, Mars Black, Yellow Oxide), Apple Barrel Acrylics (20530 Wedgewood Green), unknown green paints, and Sargent Art Chalk Pastels
Status: Painted March 2013