Mold: Saddlebred (G2)
Status: Painted 200? and Sold 200?
This handsome fellow was a custom order and my first attempt at finding a good balance point for turning this mold into an ornament. I ended up making a harness that I used to get the balance just right before I set the screw and it seems to have turned out rather well.
I’d love to know how well he actually worked on a tree!
As I remember the same person commissioned all of the ornaments that I ended up making. It seems an odd waste to put that much effort into something that would only be seen once a year, but I’m certainly not going to dictate how other folks enjoy their models!
This was one of the earlier resculpted models and the face and the tail need a little bit of work. I’d finally gotten the exacto knife technique to the point where I was getting the little flips and floof in the mane. I’m hoping I can find the larger photos once I get my old box up and running again– I was pretty proud of how this guy turned out at the time.