Mold: Morgan (G2)
Color: Faux-decorator Gold Florentine (Gold and White)
Status: Painted 200? and Sold 200?
This horse was painted for an article I wrote on how to paint faux-decorators for The Model Horse Magazine. At some point I’ll dig it up and post it here– but I’ll have to find it first. I wrote it quite some time ago, but I’m pretty sure I kept my contributors’ copy.
Flip was the only horse I painted in support of an article, as far as I can remember, and it ended up on eBay when I was done.
I started with a solid gold basecoat and then used a toothbrush and some diluted paint in order to get the white spots. It took a lot of trial and practice before I learned how to get them to hit without directionality.
Note: When splatter painting in acrylics, bathtubs are a wonderful place to play… they clean up very easily.
The colors are much truer in the scans than in the photos, if I can find the original uncompressed files I’ll see if I can color correct them. *pokes photos* Darn you old camera!