I painted the second copy at the same time I did #1 and did the same sort of loose faux-watercolor background– only this time I went with a blue background instead of green.
The blue did make the cardinal pop a little more, but I think I like the more Christmas-y pairing of the straight red and green. The camera still didn’t like the red and refuses to accurately capture the orange tones. I’ll have to do some research and see if I can figure out a fix.
This mold is going to be a lot of fun to play around with, I can’t wait to try out some fantasy colors and a female cardinal or two…
Medium: Liquitex White Gesso, FolkArt Acrylics (2901 Apple Red, 2900 Cardinal Red), Craftsmart (Denim), and Apple Barrel Acrylics (21470 Ripe Tomato, 21386 Arbor Green, 20504 Black)