1. There’s no army to join, no orders to follow, so she watches from the sidelines as the deep forest readies itself for battle.
2. “Sammie used to say the same thing, you know that? Same. Damned. Thing. I thought your mother raised you better than that.”
3. They’ve learned to fold space, but not time– every trip through the glowing amber portals means another decade out of step with those left behind.
4. Retiling the bathroom is an incredibly slow process, but each square is laid with an exacting perfection that soothes his nerves and quiets his mind.
5. Cars run on magic, because of course they do, it seems that everything mechanical does in this world. Which is terrifying when she thinks too hard about it, so she tries not to.