1. Their life spills out across the mantle, each memento a bright, joyful riddle of touch and faded scents.
2. Water is the worst aspect for space, but she’s wanted to fly the stars for as long as she can remember. So she spends her childhood practicing her magic on smaller and smaller pools. By the time she can enlist, her magic thrives on a globe of water no bigger than a plum.
3. “Have you ever thought about how you look when you do that? How much of an utter asshole you come off as?”
“As if that wasn’t the point. I don’t need them to like me– I don’t need you to like me, if that’s what this tantrum is leading up to.”
4. MentorAI provides a cheerful stream of feedback on every aspect of his life. From which clothes look best, to free college courses, to traffic shortcuts — it’s a constant push towards self-improvement that only pauses for sleep. Some days it feels more like criticism than support, but it always knows the right words to cheer him up again.
5. The cats are the best at hunting the tiny demons that infest the wood sheds… but only when they feel like it.