1. The Fae realms exist in the spaces between time, hovering on the edge of what was and what will be, and the Elves use that magic to travel anywhere or anywhen they want.
2. Birds huddle along the power lines, fluffed feathers dusted with snow and sharp eyes watching for the bird feeders to refill.
3. Time is the only weapon she has and she spends it ruthlessly, yanking them back and forth through the heartbeats of the battlefield. She’s bleeding years, aging decades in minutes, but they can’t lose. Not again.
4. “Are you really that stupid?”
There was an embarrassingly long pause before he realized they expected an answer.
5. The first few half-hearted attempts at space stations are built by corporations as rest stops between mining stations, but it doesn’t take long for distant boards of directors to realize they have no real control.
Leave a Reply