1. He tastes the sour notes of water magic as the plane banks away from the storm, struggling to stay aloft. Using the rain is risky, the pilots are more likely to anger the wind than calm it, which means they’re out of choices.
2. “You’re the worst kind of liar,” the paladin glared down at him, “you’ve taught them to believe.”
3. Around them the stars warp and bleed as the magic twists space to bring them home.
4. Someone used the last of the sugar and she hesitates a moment before grabbing the hot cocoa mix. Mocha is it.
5. Clothing on spaceships is primarily decorative. There’s no harsh sun or driving winds and the variable gravities mean loose layers can be constrictive… so the few survivors of the crash huddle in the wreckage for warmth, trapped by their minimalistic fashion.