Time to roll up my sleeves and plan out Grand Plans! 🎉
Building on the success of last year, I’m going to see if I can’t hit a few foundational goals in the coming months. Some of them are basics that I’ve been working on for a while and some are a slight pivot from what I’ve been focusing on before.
Right now the plan is to post on the first Wednesday of each month, reviewing how the previous month went and making plans for the current month. (The first week of January got away from me a bit, so this one’s a smidge late.)
For 2022, I want to focus on things that are completely within my control, as opossed to things that rely on others (like income or traffic goals). Hopefully they will lead to more traffic and sales… but that’s not the metric I’m chasing. 🤔
These are the very bottom of the To-Do pyramid, without these nothing else I’ve planned for this year will work. This is the ‘making things and putting them up for sale’ step.
- Recalculate all time and materials costs for all products
- Review and confirm inventory of all finished items
- Review and confirm inventory of all unfinished/wip items
- List all finished products on the respective selling platforms (this will take a loooong while)
Once I have this part solid, the next bit is to focus on getting the word out there about the things I have. So…
The second layer up is a continuation of the social media plans I worked on last year. This layer is focused on getting people to notice all the things I set up in the foundational layer (aka find my target buyers).
- Post consistently on various social media channels
- Experiment with tags to see which attract bots and which attract actual people
- Experiment with visuals/layouts for Instagram and Pinterest
- Work on my mailing list
And once I’ve got a handle on that, it’s time for the stretch goals section of 2022! 😂
These are all the new things I want to try doing this year that I haven’t done (or done well) in years past. I have no idea if they will work, but they should be a fun adventure nonetheless.
- Start up the Patreon and fill it will fun things
- Try to use serial stories to bring traffic into the website
- Write a bunch more How-To articles as Pinterest loves those (per the numbers)
- Work on polishing up old How-To posts and make sure the affiliate links are all working
- Think about running some sort of art or writing challenge
- Work on the table setup for craft fairs (for when those become a thing again)
- Develop a bunch of DIY kits for various things
- Create a bunch of printables (workbooks, planner pages, coloring pages, etc.)
TL;DR January Goals
Focus in on the Foundation items and plan out how much time I think it will take me to get all of them completed.
Right now my guess is it will take most of Q1 to really get things solid and maybe through the end of Q2 to get everything listed. (Which may be a bit optimistic, considering how much art I have outstanding.)
Either way, it will be a fun adventure… See you in Feb! 😁