1. “I missed a lot of things ’cause of work. Things I’ll never get back– I’ve sold my life to maintain the bare minimum I need to not die and you want me to be grateful?”
2. Magic cascades out of the black hole in pulsing waves and the night sky flares into brilliant rainbows as the planet is consumed.
3. The leaves on eldarn trees change color slowly with the seasons, from bright spring greens to thin pale winter grays. They never fall, only turn limp and leathery as the tree pulls in moisture for hibernation.
4. Space is big and smuggler ships are small. Even with the embargo at the ports, I know a dozen ways to get their package through. Just not cheaply.
5. His life is nothing but nightmares and he bottles them, buries them until he lives unburdened in the tiny fraction of ‘now’ where they can’t reach.