1. Somewhere up there is the future that’s been waiting for her, all she has to do is learn to fly.
2. City shoes are the first thing to wear out on the trail and they are forced to improvise sandals from bark and cloth to keep the refugees moving.
3. The car might not be a newer model, but it was fiercely loyal. Its precog circuits were Elven old-school, bound to protect and serve at any cost– unlike the newer silicon intelligences that took a more logical approach to safety.
4. “If you thought they were lying, you wouldn’t have asked me if it was true. I can’t believe you– It doesn’t matter now, whatever I thought we had is over. Never existed, apparently.”
5. The view out the ports when the interstellar drives kick in is a chaotic oil slick of pitch black and rainbows as math battles reality to barter our passage through the void.