1. She’s learned to be human enough to fool the sensors.
2. “Do you think she meant it?” The children looked at the table filled with the sort of feast they’d only seen in dreams. ‘Eat anything you want’ had to be a trap. Didn’t it?
3. His work pants are awash with decades of paint splatters and oil stains that never quite came out, a testament to a lifetime spent honing his craft.
4. Raw destiny eddies about the tips of peryton’s wings, whispering promises of what might be.
5. When we die, our brains are scanned and uploaded into the ship’s computer and another clone is woken from storage. There’s no way to transfer the memories back and the computer never tells us how many ghosts are wandering its memory.