1. The unicorn is tiny, barely larger than his hounds, but it holds its own against the pack.
2. “Take a sick day. Ahh-ah, no don’t interrupt me. I’m your boss, my word is law. Take. A. Sick. Day. And take whatever the heck it is you caught far far away from me.”
3. The storm’s getting stronger as the sun rises, dark red clouds shot through with the unnatural purples of corrupted magic. Even though she knows the eye is still far out to sea, she can’t help but think every few moments that this has to be the worst it can get.
4. They’ve never built a campfire before –most of them have never seen an open flame– but night is starting to fall on the planet and they won’t survive the bitter cold without one.
5. Spirit photographs are simple double exposures, a magic where everyone is in on the trick, so no one believes him when he points out the child that wasn’t meant to be there.