1. The planet is teeming with life, all of it just familiar enough to make them uneasy. The alien is normally… more alien, but even the magic here has the flavorings of home.
2. Elves are used to waging war over centuries, not years, and have perfected the art of offensive ecology, subtle and ruthlessly effective. But humans adapt faster than the Elves can change and at last, they’re forced to the brute tactics of children.
3. “Every time’s the last time! Look, I know you mean it, but you meant it then too. It’s not enough anymore.”
4. Flashing lights peek around the edges of the blackout curtains, someone’s called the cops on the neighbors again.
5. Space is neither empty nor silent if you have the right senses, and the Ship has the best that money can buy. She soaks in the static song of the cosmo as she hops from point to point, interweaving her own complex mathematical counterpoint melodies.