1. Most guns are useless in a zombie apocalypse. Civilian weapons are meant for living things, designed to wound and incapacitate with minimal skill. Ones that punch large holes or enough holes are few and far between.
2. “I wanted this, I dreamed of this– do you really expect me to be upset just because the cost’s higher than what you would’ve paid?”
3. The dragon glides through the vacuum on massive gossamer wings, propelled across the vast gulf between stars on the solar winds.
4. Construction has been going on for years, elbow grease and MacGyvered tools slowly recycling the shattered buildings and ancient rubble into something livable. Not quite home, not yet, but the possibility exists where it hadn’t before.
5. The watch sputters and glitches on his wrist, warping from an old-fashioned timepiece to a digital display and back. Centuries of fashion and technology flash by before the chameleon circuit fails completely and the thick ribbon of his modern assistant appears.