1. The shark tooth weighs heavy in his hand for a moment, then he nods and transforms it into serrated staff. As the magic ripples across the blades, the words of his prophecy solidify along the hearthstones.
2. It took me a long time to realize that other people don’t dream like I do.
3. “I want to believe you,” he said as they barred the door from the outside. “But we don’t take those sort of chances anymore. If you’re still alive in the morning, then we’ll talk.”
4. Even the distant stars are green with envy as she unmakes-remakes the universe around her, reversing entropy for a few desperate heartbeats– one last shot against the coming darkness.
5. The castle’s spires are just tall enough to graze the ever-present clouds that blanket the valley in twilight.