1. Their love is as solid as bedrock, concreted with hardships and shared sacrifice into a beacon of stability that friends and family cling to over the years.
2. Navies are luckier, there’s seawater aplenty to power their boilers, but it has to be filtered first and that work falls to us. Manpower is always the answer at sea, automatons rust too quickly and animals are too unwieldy.
3. The scrolls are covered in notes, a dozen different hands have made annotations in ink kept bright and crisp by preservation magics.
4. “Have you forgotten me?” The whispery thin voice is sad, not angry, but no matter how hard he tries to remember– still completely unfamiliar.
5. Telepaths are worth their weight in gold to starship crews, but in a pinch, an Empath can hold them together when the worst happens.