1. The Moirai weren’t the only Fates and from time to time Lachesis measured and wove inhuman threads into her patterns. But the day when Clotho brought her a spindle of golden artificial intelligence, everything changed.
2. “Don’t you dare,” she snapped yanking the letter out of her Aunt’s hand, she’s cried herself out hours ago and anger’s all she has left. “Don’t you dare pretend it’ll be okay.”
3. Humans never lose their urge to explore space, even after the probes come back saying there’s nothing worth seeing.
4. Deep cracks run along the edges of the old sloppy weld, curdled with rust and flaking paint it’s a crapshoot if it will hold their weight.
5. The elder saguaro’s magic rivals his lost redwood’s but when he begs a favor it’s curious and much less demanding.