1. Relativity is only bent, not broken, and the worlds they leave behind are still decades older when they return.
2. In stories magic swords are hung above the mantel, waiting for the next adventures, but on the farm, an axe is an axe and the church’s blessed metals work just as well against trees.
3. Paint is peeling from the edges of the shed where the hot sun and salt-sea winds have conspired to wear away the encroachments on their domain.
4. I always wondered if you meant to leave me, but I’m never sure what I want the answer to be.
5. The draught is sweet and floral, not the bitter tincture he’s expecting, but it’s effects are just as fast and just as maddening. In a flash he’s once again asleep, but this time he’s in full control of the dreamworld.