1. The alien flute is light in his hand, too light, and he runs his fingers down it trying to find the balance to it. But almost as soon as he’s finished the thought, the instrument thickens and pulses until it’s perfectly synced with his memories.
2. The sea will always be waiting for them, no matter how long or far they stray.
3. “Did you think I wouldn’t notice?” He waves the empty cigarette carton, carefully resealed and weighted down with paper.
4. Telepaths sit watch in towers that run along the trade routes. Linked to farseers and weather witches they keep the airships on course across the skies.
5. Seasons come and go with little change to the world around them. There no snow or summer heatwaves, no hurricanes or noreasters. The days are all quietly –unnaturally– pleasant.