1. It’s said Snow Geese carry Spring on their backs and Summer in their shadows. Killing one means four more weeks of winter… Uncle’s south field is covered in bloody feathers.
2. “For later,” she stuffed the memory shard into his pocket as he reluctantly pulled away.
3. After a year in space she’s down to one thing left that she brought from home. Her sparse keepsakes from the failed colony were gifted, traded, stolen, lost across a dozen planets and twice as many ships.
4. Sunsets always burn red in the city, those few times when they can fight their way through the smog.
5. He was used to magic linked to movements, hand gestures, dances, fighting moves— this was still and silent and it reeked of death.