Although the workbench doesn’t look it in this photo, there’s been a lot of Pony Progress since the last update! 😁
The weather’s finally gotten warm enough (and dry enough) that I can do some spray sealing and that makes a world of difference. It’s a lot faster to get that first coat down and then do touch-ups/double layers on the areas that need them by brush.
The glossy sealer I had is much less glossy than the brush-on, so I’ve played around a bit with the level of shine on the fantasy ponies. I’ve got 18 of them that will be heading into the website shop in the near future.
Now it’s down to turfing the bases and getting the final photos done! 🎨
I’ve also got two of the leaping pony magnets done! I’m doing a glossy background and a matte pony, so both of these are already doing a final dry. (They were all matte in this photo.)
You can see the other two WiP leapers in the background and I’m hoping to get them done by next update.
I did manage to fail not starting any new projects (woe!) and picked up a blind bag stablemate with my last Walmart order. I’m busy painting her into a non-realistic bay roan… how realistic I end up shooting for has yet to be seen.
She’s got about four layers of stencil-taps at this point and I like the look, even if the ‘hair pattern’ is all over the place. I’ll probably pull out some reference photos and tweak things a little bit, but I have a feeling it’s going to stay more of a ‘that looks cool’ than a ‘that looks like a real horse’ sort of piece… 😂
Once the ponies are posted and packed away, I’m actually not sure what I’ll work on next! I have a bunch of other plaster magnets, resin magnets, wood magnets, model horses, and half-done sculptures.
The weather’s nice out, so I might do some new plaster sculptures or I might finish off remolding some of the Fat Animal magnets so it’s not just horses and foxes in the store. 🤔
Decisions, decisions! 😂 Anywho… ONWARDS!