1. The coffee tastes of dead leaves and broken promises.
2. Look away, the magic demands, Turn back, there’s nothing to see. He fights for each step with every ounce of his strength and follows her into the park.
3. Colonizing ships are sent in ragged waves, each one’s timed depending on the max acceleration of its cargo and set to land in a predictable, coherent pattern. This? This is chaos.
4. “You don’t like working here, do you.” It wasn’t a question, just a sad, tired observation and she isn’t sure how to answer.
5. The dream is a vivid flash of eternity; he watches stars birth and die in fractions of a second as the universe plays outwards to its conclusion.