1. There’s a ragged blue haze on the map, tracing explored space –monitored space– where humanity’s math holds sway. They’ve learned the hard way that the universe will dance around them when they aren’t there to keep it still.
2. It never rains on the day my Dad washes the cars, but I never realized everyone else thought it was coincidence.
3. They exchange songs the way other tribes intermarry, a musical tie from one family– one species to another. Whatever he teaches them, they’ll teach their children and their children’s children to honor his memory and they expect him to do the same.
4. Cold winter days are the best for seeing echoes of their pasts dance among our stars.
5. “I thought you were a myth, someone my dad dreamed up to blame all his troubles on, but you’re real… aren’t you?”