1. Please don’t hug the ambassador was not a phrase he ever expected to use, but so far no one seems immune to the elder dignitary’s powers.
2. There’s nothing in the demonic contract that forbids it, but it still feels odd to voluntarily care for the summoner. Still, it’s worth a few bowls of soup and mimicked mothering to keep from finding out what happens if they die by someone else’s hand.
3. “I only delve into people’s lives when they ask me to. I took an oath that I intend to keep,” the oracle chided. “What makes you think your futures are important enough for me to break that?”
4. They’ve learned children adapt best to new planets, so they decant the first generation of colonists as fast as possible.
5. Twenty bucks is enough to buy the thrift store cashier’s feigned indifference as she shops, but she’s got no illusions that the cops –or someone worse– won’t be the first people they call when she leaves.