1. Star travel is done in tiny disjointed hops, spaced apart so their bodies have time to recover. They’ve only learned how to bend space in handfuls of parsecs, but even that wreaks havoc on terrestrials.
2. Despair drips from the banisters of the lonely house, seeped deep into the stained drywall and carpets buried under years of clutter.
3. She dodges where the sword should have been, but it’s a feint –he never feints– and she runs right into the actual blow.
4. “Be careful,” Niko warns as the food’s passed out. “Dwarves love their spices.”
Tim gives the bowl a worried glance. “Like ghost peppers or just ‘garlic goes with everything, including garlic’?”
Niko just grins and starts eating.
5. They don’t bother to heat the building in the mild winters. The machines don’t care if it dips below freezing now and then and the employees all have magic charms to keep the air around them comfortable.