1. In hindsight, it was a horrible idea to name the central computers after the Fates.
2. “You’ll be forgotten for this,” he gasps through the blood. “They’ll burn your names from the records, scatter your crypts across the seas till nothing of you remains.”
3. The snowshoes are enchanted with air magic that makes the wearer no heavier than a sparrow.
4. He’s only got a few seconds to get inside the bubble before the flames engulf the bedroom, but he makes it. Outside the magical protections the carpet and drywall crackle and warp, but inside the emergency systems kick on and the sharp bitter smell of smoke is filtered away even as the 911 daemon operator comes online.
5. Moths swarm around her, featherlight memories of touch, as they nibble her soul away.