1. Unnervingly, the ancient space station uses forcefields instead of spacesuits. He tries not to flinch as dockhands float past the windows, seemingly unprotected from the vacuum.
2. The saltwater aquarium is nothing like he’d expected, the glass column spans the full two stories of the foyer and it’s flush with multicolored fish. They must have taken years for his uncle to collect and he has no idea how the will expects him to take it home.
3. Numbers and letters dance in across the whiteboard, refusing to hold still. I know it’s just a dream, but I still hate calculus.
4. Every repetition of a spell’s chorus increases its power, it’s a primal rule of magic, and with the rise of computers capable of performing rites… reality bends as easily as water.
5. The sun’s blindingly bright and the winter winds bite through her sweater, but the last thing she wants to do is go back inside where she’ll have to explain (in triplicate) why their latest attempt at blocking Fae magic has failed.