1. Once we start exploring the universe, we can’t stop. Thousands of unmanned drones are out there right now, replicating in an ever-widening sphere of uncontrolled investigation.
2. Summers are spent kneeling on too-hot sidewalks, drawing pseudo-hieroglyphic tales of Ms. Taylor’s gardening woes.
3. Her familiar is anything she needs it to be, from cat to sword, from watch to lockpick, but she isn’t sure if its small magics are enough to interface with the alien computers.
4. They step into the memory by accident, tripping over the edge of the crime scene and into the last seconds of the dead man’s life.
5. Destiny was hidden at the quantum level, there and not-there in a way only computers could comprehend. The more refined their predictions became the more we pushed the boundaries on ways to change them.