1. Open space has always terrified me. Which I blame squarely on my brothers’ ghost stories of people lost to float in the dark, kept alive by the suits until they die of old age or suicide.
2. Ever since that Christmas, magic tastes like peppermint and when the stores are filled with the scent of candy canes it’s hard to tell what’s real.
3. As they move forward, the forest closes in around them. The trail narrows and the thickening canopy dims the bright sunlight to a murky green.
4. The music woke him from his memories, unraveled time until he was himself again, blinking confused, but ecstatic to recognize their faces.
5. “Stop waiting for someone to give you permission! You think they’re ever going to be okay with you being in charge? No. They are going to fight you every step of the way– so just go.”
Leave a Reply