1. Magic took its queue from the caster’s intent, but its results were still constrained by natural laws. Only the most studious of scientists could push the envelope just shy of the impossible.
2. Silence is her only weakness, as soon as her song starts to dim she begins to fade away.
3. The subway holds an unreasonable thrall over her life: it takes her to work, and home, and shopping, and dining… every aspect of her day revolves around its schedule and routes. She joked once to friends that the Subway Gods even controlled who she dated, but now she’s not so sure it was just a joke.
4. “I only wanted to say goodbye.”
5. His glamour won’t hold up in the sunlight, but here the starlight is faint enough, tinged with time and deep vacuum, and he can hide.