1. Working with the raw materials of humanity corrupted the Fates slowly, but surely. So once a century Clotho would spin off that patina and a copy of the sisters would wake in the world below.
2. “I wish I wasn’t important to anyone but you.”
3. He stood in the darkness of the empty cargo hold watching the repair robots’ headlights bounce off the ragged tears in the metal.
4. The kindness of strangers is a fragile, nervous thing and they learn quickly how to contort themselves into the sort of things that spark compassion, but not concern.
5. Magic flows along the path of least resistance so in theory it can be controlled, but it’s still more of an art than a science.