1. The last of the winged cats lands on the roof, settling onto the warm shingles with a purr.
2. “I can’t help you, not won’t, can’t. You’re asking me to do the impossible– if I could, I would and it kills me that you don’t understand that.”
3. She hadn’t meant to tell people’s fortunes. It all started as a joke, an accidental guess at a party when she’d had a little too much to drink that snowballed into something she felt powerless to stop.
4. Without power the colony can’t send the registration codes back to Earth and they scramble to get the generators running before they lose their claim to the planet.
5. It’s not just a crush, not anymore, but she can’t bring herself to bridge the gap between them in case someone falls.
Leave a Reply