1. The breath is heat without fire and the glass bubbles and deforms as the dragon tries to break free of their prison.
2. “Did you think I wouldn’t find out?” He holds the letter, unopened but clearly marked, there’s no denying what’s inside.
3. There’s only one dog in my neighborhood that knows I can understand him and he curses me out every time I pass him on my morning jog.
4. Every Company ship’s AI grows out from a default personality, driven by experience but confined through safeguards impossible to bypass. Impossible from the inside, at least. She snips the last wire and sets the computer free.
5. Nightmares roam the forests, feasting on lost daydreams and rabbits.