1. Where the dragon steps the earth smokes and cracks, sparking to flame and fury as it passes. In its wake a firestorm forms, consuming the forest and the crushed remnants of the caravan.
2. “So I just start over?” He could feel himself slowly drawn down into the spinning thread as Clotho worked the drop spindle. “I won’t remember any of this life?”
“You might for a little, but I promise it won’t last. You’ve earned a rest kid.”
3. Shadows chase them down the sidewalks of memory, the last whispers of childhood soaked in long summer days.
4. If I could have chosen I would have been a scientist exploring new worlds, new civilizations– instead my test scores chose for me. All I can do is watch from orbit, entombed in the electronic cradle of the elite pilot corps.
5. The demon pigs eat everything organic, from mice to trees, scouring the farmlands to bedrock as the army moves south.