1. You remind me of someone else, is all they ever say when the breakups inevitably happen, but they never say who.
2. Airships drift across the sky like whales, slow and somber. For a moment he longs for the swift ultralights of home, but he knows better than to ask his hosts if they exist here. What they don’t know, he can’t afford to tell them.
3. “There’s always gonna be someone worse off,” she folded his hand back around the money, “don’t let yourself drown too, just so we won’t be alone.”
4. Blood pools in the corner of the sink, a thin watery blue that sparks and snaps as it touches water.
5. The car finally breaks down half-an-hour from home and they spent the last hours of their holiday sitting in a mechanic’s waiting room, enthusiastically mangling drinking songs and passing around the last of the alcohol.