1. “I don’t want to do this anymore.”
Clotho almost dropped her coffee as Atropos stared down at her half-eaten cheesecake with a tired despair.
2. Public opinion is a fickle thing and the diplomatic teams have learned to carefully curate all first contact introductions. Broadcast empaths work their subtle magic at press events and they make sure to invite every critic they can find.
3. The river stones that ring the mantles of her doors look quaint to visitors, but my family knows the curse and the promises they carry.
4. Delivery shift is bad enough, being awake at 4am to meet the trucks ruins the rest of your day, but when the trucks are late– that’s a special kind of Wednesday.
5. Not every prisoner is fit to be a Hollowed, but it seems to be almost random who the wasps pick to lay their eggs in.