1. “We’re closed,” she said to the man who was faded at the edges with coyote song and dry-brushed with scattered centuries.
2. Fourteen years pass before anyone realizes something’s gone horribly, irrevocably wrong.
3. The store passes back change in a scattering of currencies, based on whatever the buyer is looking for. The shop’s served as a default exchange for tourists for decades and prides itself on its collection.
4. When he was twelve, he stole three magical river stones from a water nymph to power his scrying computer. As punishment, she told him how he would die.
5. The war explodes across the galaxy in fractal lines, both sides building and expanding exponentially.