I’ve been writing a lot more words recently. #vss365 responses, blog posts, product descriptions… it seems like my muses are okay with everything except short stories (or serial stories).
In order to try and get things moving again, I’ve started looking for beta readers for the first part of Too Old for Neverland. I figure if I can find some folks who enjoy the ‘verse, it might help motivate me to get more of it polished up!
I was going to put a link here to all the twitter prompt responses since the last update… but it’s a been a month (and a LOT of posts). So instead I’ll just point out the fun I had with the math prompts from vss365 August and the rare word prompts from September! 😁
I’m also starting to look at the other prompt challenges again– WierdVSS is a new contender and I used to do #SciFiFri. The Write Prompt does a daily post of all the different challenges, so I’m going to streach my wings a bit.
Plus I had a little fun earlier in the week when I posted old vss365 responses (minus the hashtags) every other hour or so. I got in a few new views via the #amwriting and #scifi tags, so I’ll have to give that another go.
I did get a bit more work done on both the backlog and the prompts yet to come in 2020! 😁
- I’m down to 11 posts due for the coming Saturdays in 2020. It’s a small drop, but I’ve managed to keep current as well, so yay!
- I’m also down to only 5 missed posts that I need to go back and fill in.
- There are 145 old posts that need to be updated to the Gutenberg format, which is down from 189.
- I have 214 old posts that still need images, but that’s going to be a slow road. I’m also updating the excerpt with each one and that’s sometimes harder than coming up with the image!
- I’ve also trimmed the posts missing tinyURL links in the spreadsheet from 130 to 84. (I need these to do my social media posts)
All in all, it’s not a bad bit of work!
I have made almost zero progress on this year’s NaNoWriMo project. I started researching how to make an online version of the game– and then got sidetracked.
I still have some vague hope that enough of the game will be written by November that I can start posting the story as I work on it. First I have to get the game database setup on the new webhost and figure out how to make a page that connects to it.
So… hopefully I’ll have some progress to report next update. If all else fails, I’ll start working on the story without the game engine in place. The show must go on, after all. 😂
Leave a Reply