1. Someday I’ll be able to afford to fly business-class dragon.
2. “Consider it a free life lesson, kid,” he laughed as the truck started up again. “Get paid before the job, or never.”
3. Clotho visited earth more frequently than her sisters, who’d grown tired of the incessant chatter of humanity. She insisted it was to get a better feel for the sorts of lives her threads would feed, but if she was honest it was mostly for the movies.
4. The town is worn-out, faded and crumbling at the edges, but it’s still home.
5. Magic hates vacuum for no reasons the mages or scientists can suss out. It works -and works well!- inside the thin metal and ceramic hulls, but fizzles into nothingness the moment they transition into space.