1. The stoplights are all anti-magic now, which means my commute is back to normal.
2. He woke the dogs with a misplaced step and suddenly his secret midnight snack had small fuzzy informants in search of bribes.
3. Generation ships maintain constant contact with Earth, receiving news, entertainment, and scientific updates on a delay that shrinks as fabrication teams upgrade systems on the fly.
4. “Ghosts are just our own sparks of insanity,” she shrugged. “They aren’t any more real than your other dreams, but they’re no less real either.”
5. It’s a war song, full of fire and vengeance and the battlefield echoes with it as a hundred thousand voices blend together into a roaring chorus that the darkness cannot smother.