1. It’s hard to ignore the growing glint of eyes at the edges of the campfire light as the flock slowly realizes he’s making smores.
2. “Don’t apologize for things you haven’t done,” his teacher snapped. “Apologize for what you did do and save us all some time.”
3. No one noticed when the cracks along the tree trunks began to spell out words.
4. The constellation fades into the darkness as the shields solidify into place, but even reduced to faint glows he can still make out the Mother’s outstretched arms, welcoming them home.
5. She never meant to spend her nights sneaking into other people’s dreams, but they’re too bright, too tempting for her dreamself to resist.