1. We followed markers meant for someone else down those dim starlight trails, unraveling mathematical hints almost as old as the dying stars we passed.
2. “You weren’t who I thought you were,” she said with a confused disappointment a hairsbreadth from grief.
3. The hives lives in a perpetual dance of work and rest, a quartal harmony that continues regardless of season or age group. Every fourth day is one of rest and relaxation across the world, spent hanging out with friends and family and enjoying the word of the previous triad.
4. Someone tried to hide secrets in my fields, but some truths don’t stay buried.
5. Things are a bit different here, on the older side of town. Technology works best where magic isn’t entrenched so instead of upgrading the older neighborhoods the city simply grows eastward. I work in an office with laptops and blazing fast wifi and come home to oil lamps and potbellied stoves that nourish tiny fire elementals.