1. His magic shatters against wards, coating the orange trees in thick silver dust.
5. Someday the wine will run out, but for today there’s still good food, good company, and the comforting certainty that they can safely ignore the future for a little longer.
3. She’s made horseshoes before, and nails, and axes, even a spearhead once– but she’s never tried to make a sword, much less a magic one.
2. Language barriers and human laziness mean mixed starship crews are quickly rife with affectionately insulting nicknames.
4. “Ghosts are powerless things, thin flimsy echoes of the people they used to be. Once you know they can’t hurt you, there’s little they can do– so stop worrying and hand me the knife.”