1. When Destiny met Fate at a library mixer, she knew they had to go on at least one date or the universe would probably implode in protest.
2. He steps into the scanning chamber and moments later the shop provides him with a fresh set of synthesized clothes, perfectly fit and imbued with a calming scent that should help with negotiations. He’d prefer a human tailor, but out here on the edges of known space, he’ll have to make do with what he can get.
3. Morning raindrops roll down the tent walls casting dancing shadows on their sleeping bags.
4. “Your Aunt was very clear in the will,” the lawyer said. “The house has to be your primary residence for three years, at that time the rest of the inheritance will be released. Ghosts, notwithstanding .”
5. Someone left the lights on overnight and the small sausages of magical sandstone are still faintly glowing when he opens the door.