1. Childhood monsters never change.
2. Craters of cracked glass pocket the battlefield like pox. Here and there are hints of the wildflower meadows, but the land has been coated in mud and offal from the fight.
3. Faded paper stars trace out haphazard constellations on the ceiling, a universe eclipsed by time and dust.
4. “‘Just a healer’,” he echoed, with a laugh that shattered at the edges, green magic dancing along his fingers. “Just a healer.” And he took them apart.
5. Nanotech minds are simple but deep. Stepping into the vast ocean of data, she sinks into the waves, relaxing as they swarm over her.