1. Some ships mine metal or raw elements, but he’s programmed for subtler, more profitable work, and roams the galaxy in search of flavors fit for kings and emperors.
2. Ice coats the rocks like sugar glaze when the waves retreat, melting and reforming slower and slower as winter slowly loses its grip on the shore.
3. Sirens flare into cacophony as centuries-old systems grumble to life. Movement has been detected in the lowest depths of the sealed prison and the city prepares for war.
4. The power is out again when he wakes. It’s the fifth time this month and he’s given up calling it in.
5. She built her dragon from the battlefield, scavenged tech and bone entwined with magic seeped in blood and death.